[Live-demo] Geopublisher sample project rw issue

Stefan Krüger krueger at wikisquare.de
Fri Feb 5 06:04:01 EST 2010

Hi

I finally got the legal/data stuff cleared, and I am preparing a sample atlas
for Geopublisher today that should also go in the DVD.  My idea is, that after
starting Geopublisher, the open file dialog would automatically point to the
demo atlas...

I read at: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GISVM_Build, that sample data should go
to /usr/local/share/... .

But my demo atlas project folder must be "rw" by the user.
> However, keep files in /home/user as small as possible as this folder is
loaded into memory in the Live DVD. Symlinks into /usr/local can be useful
here.
No discussion: As it contains a few Mbs of data it would be a waste of memory
to load the whole demo atlas always into memory. So it can't go into ~

What other options do i have?

* Is it possible to create  /usr/local/share/geopublishing and make it "o=rw"?
Or is that non-sense on the DVD (some file systems can do this magic on
readonly-devices)?

Last Fallback option:
I could always put the zipped demo atlas into /usr/local/share/geopublishing
and explain in a README.TXT how to open it - but that is not as nice as being
able to open it directly.

Any other ideas?

--
Stefan Tzeggai/Krüger

http://en.geopublishing.org/SLD

reclaim your net - http://tor.eff.org
enforce privacy - http://www.pgpi.org
pgp key id: 51B576FD - http://pgp.mit.edu

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.