[Live-demo] Xubuntu 10.04 available

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 05:32:28 EDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> Settling on a good sample dataset will be good too,
> something like
> OpenStreetMap
>
> Might be a good place to start since they all have world
> coverage and we could repack a new extent every year.

fyi Barcelona OpenStreetMap data is already sucked in by install_osm.sh,
and I plan to change that to download the latest data using Xapi* so we
always are using the freshest version of the data as possible. Changing
that to other cities is as easy as changing the lat/lon bounding box.

[*] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Xapi

Users can (via 1,2,3 tutorial) then run "osm2pgsql" to create a PostGIS
database for other PG using tutorials. It's pretty small really so we
could do this for them, but then they wouldn't learn how to do it :)

Hamish