[Live-demo] VirtualBox Install

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 21 23:55:50 EDT 2010

On 10/21/2010 04:04 PM, David Anderson wrote:
> I have been trying to install to the hard disk in a VirtualBox VM on a
> Win 7 host according to the quickstart but keep getting an error that
> the installer is unable to continue.  I have tried adjust different
> settings in the VM to no avail.  I have also tried installing from the
> boot menu and from the live disc desktop.  Verified the image MD5 also.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> David Anderson, P.E.

Sorry that didn't work for you. Could you give us some more details
about what screen it hung on or how much you got through. Also did you
make sure to create a big enough virtual disk for the install (10GB+).
Any information you can provide will help us look into the problem which
we are aware occurs in some percentage of tests.

In the meantime I've posted a Virtual Machine disk which should just run
under VBox, VMware or KVM. Haven't had a chance to update the webpage
yet with the links, so here they are. File is 2.6GB expands to 8.3 GB

http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/4.0.1/osgeo-live-4.0.1-vm.7z
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/4.0.1/osgeo-live-4.0.1-vm.7z.md5

Enjoy,
Alex