Fw: Re: [Live-demo] Revisiting graphics

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 21:35:04 EDT 2011

[Hi,  fwd'd from an unsubscriber,  --HB]

--- On Tue, 8/23/11, Peter Batty <peter at ebatty.com> wrote:

Graphic design is always one of the hardest things to agree on as everyone has different opinions :O. We went through various false starts and heated debates with the FOSS4G 2011 logo. So I would second Hamish's appeal to keep the discussion constructive!

I am strongly in favor though of keeping the FOSS4G 2011 logo "as is" rather than the heavily modified version I saw in the original design for the LiveDVD graphics. Otherwise I don't have overly strong opinions on how we lay this out together with the LiveDVD logo (or whatever else we use). Because I prefer to maintain the FOSS4G logo, I would vote for Tyler's design of the two I've seen, but would be open to other options. We're running short on time though.

Do I get extra votes since FOSS4G is paying for this print run :) ?!