[Live-demo] create pdf documentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:26:14 PST 2012

On 14/12/12 10:04, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> 2012/12/13 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>:
>> Luca,
>> Good to see you pushing this pdf generation along.
>>
>> I suggest that at this early part of our documentation build cycle, it is ok
>> to be a bit experimental and risk breaking the build, so long as you are
>> prepared to fix it or roll it back if it breaks.
>>
>> So please go ahead a commit your changes. Let us know once you have and I
>> will test at that point.
>>
> committed with revision 9433. please test it
Luca,
Seems you have introduced a dependency upon an index.template file, but
have not added the index.template file:

cshorter at gonzo:~/Documents/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc$ make html
cp index.template index.rst
cp: cannot stat `index.template': No such file or directory
make: *** [fix_index] Error 1

I've fixed this in 9434 by removing the dependency upon "fix_index:",
but you probably will want to fix properly.

---
What command do I type to make the PDF?
"make latexpdf" is not working for me, but possibly because I need to
install new applications.

> Now I'm going to take a plane from Japan to Italy so for a while I am
> offline. I hope to don't break our documentation :-)

I hope the plane ride is safe for you. I'm hoping you will be around
when you get back to fix the above bug. :)