[Live-demo] Wiki update for Git

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:13:55 PDT 2015

On 23 May 2015 at 17:44, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Angelos

> This is a first attempt to update our wiki regarding Git:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Git_migration
>
> Please review.

I forked and cloned it, I also create a new branch to work on the pdf
output [0].

When I tried to compile html or latexpdf I got error for missing files....

make latexpdf
for LANG in en ; do \
        cat index_pdf.template | sed "s/LANG_PDF/$LANG/#"  > index.rst ; \
done
echo `pwd`
/home/lucadelu/github/OSGeoLive-doc
../bin/extract_licenses.sh > licenses.csv
/bin/sh: 1: ../bin/extract_licenses.sh: not found
Makefile:134: recipe for target 'licenses.csv' failed
make: *** [licenses.csv] Error 127

make html
cp index.template index.rst
sphinx-build -b html -d _build/doctrees   . _build/html
Making output directory...
Running Sphinx v1.2.3

Exception occurred:
  File "conf.py", line 25, in <module>
    fileIN = open("../VERSION.txt", "r")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../VERSION.txt'
The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-sqFIS6.log, if
you want to report the issue to the developers.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error
message can be provided next time.
A bug report can be filed in the tracker at
<https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issues/>. Thanks!
Makefile:69: recipe for target 'sphinxbuild' failed
make: *** [sphinxbuild] Error 1

So I open a pull request [1] to add the needed files in to repository.
With this pull request it is possible to compile both html and
latexpdf but in the HTML there are still some errors

/home/lucadelu/github/OSGeoLive-doc
bin/extract_licenses.sh > licenses.csv
bin/extract_licenses.sh: 32: cd: can't cd to
/home/lucadelu/github/OSGeoLive-doc/bin/../doc/en/overview
awk: fatal: cannot open file `*.rst' for reading (No such file or directory)
awk: fatal: cannot open file `*.rst' for reading (No such file or directory)
awk: fatal: cannot open file `*.rst' for reading (No such file or directory)
bin/extract_licenses.sh: 32: cd: can't cd to
/home/lucadelu/github/OSGeoLive-doc/bin/../doc/en/quickstart

[0] https://github.com/lucadelu/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/pdf_output
[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/5

--
ciao