[Live-demo] Translations and Proj4 documentation

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Fri Jun 2 20:47:18 PDT 2017

Hello Julien

> I found   "https://github.com/cvvergara/OSGeoLive-doc" which appears to
be Vicky's fork.

Yes indeed that is my fork.

> With a "test/sphinx" branch inside that seems to be the transiflex
implementation ?

Yes, test/sphinx is the branch I am using. although it stopped being a test
of sphinx long time ago, (like after the next day, I started working on it)

> It's like you've been 6 days on it on github. But what a work done !

Yes 6 days, but not all the time, I confess, you see I have to work with 3
GSoC students in the morning, and do my own pgRouting stuff but ..
because I am doing the same thing (handing the documentation in pgRouting)
then its kind of:
- do some experimenting here, it works do the same there
- do some experimenting there, it works do the same here

> I do not really know transiflex indeed...

You can practice with pgRouting
Register to transifex.
https://docs.transifex.com/getting-started/translators
find pgRouting:
Navigate to: https://www.transifex.com/pgrouting/pgrouting
Ask to be a french translator, I aprove you
then you can start translating french.
choose a file, with v2.5 (I keep the V2_0 because transifex has memory for
already translated string that comes out very handy) tell me when you are
done, and we discuss about details like Sphinx syntax that has to be kept.

Translations using transifex to OSGeoLive are not ready yet, I don't think
I will finish before the release. I am so slow.

So about OSGeoLive main repo translation (in master)
In [1] you can see the files that already have being translated to french
In [2] you can see the files that are in total

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/master/fr/quickstart
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/master/en/quickstart

> But nevermind ! Are you stuck somewhere or something can be done ?

Actually I am stuck, what I want to do is to extract already translated
strings, and upload them to transifex.
That way, all these years of translation is not re-done from scratch
And of course if I can do that, then maybe there is a very "petit"
possibility that for version 11 transifex could be used.
Of course tests must be done, and you see I am a testing freak, that is why
I started CI tests
https://travis-ci.org/cvvergara/OSGeoLive-doc

Just occurred to me that maybe a bunch of copy/paste and let a real
translator check if the copy/paste was good.
That would be a good test to do....
I'll prepare it ASAP and keep you posted, on the mean time
when you register to transifex, also ask to be a french translator on
https://www.transifex.com/bakanikos-lab/test_osgeolive
don't translate there, because that is only for testing, the real location
is not going to be that one
(for Spanish I just translated a single string, just for testing)

--

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,

Vicky Vergara