[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live 11.0 - should kosmo continue to be included?

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:40:20 PDT 2017

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for updating the metrics page and for your contribution of
Kosmo to the OSGeo-Live.

I went through the links provided in the metrics page and I landed in
Kosmo's home page.
I realized that we have been promoting Kosmo v3.1 through OSGeo-Live for
some releases now, but actually this version was never released on your
page. This is not a good open source practice, and reflects bad to both
projects.

You mentioned a 3.2 release coming soon, I hope to see that version
officially released so we can consider adding Kosmo back to OSGeo-Live.

Regards,
Angelos

On 06/06/2017 11:37 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I'm looping the osgeo-live email list into this conversation, to open
> up the opportunity to comment.
>
> Cameron
>

> On 6/6/17 11:15 pm, Sergio Baños Calvo wrote:
>> Hi Cameron.
>>
>> Here it's the OpenHub metrics for Kosmo Desktop (sorry for the delay,
>> i had some problems to get them up to date):
>>
>> https://www.openhub.net/p/kosmo_desktop
>>
>> Feel free to check and let me know if it's worth to let Kosmo Desktop
>> form part of the OSGeo-LiveDVD.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> El 31/05/2017 a las 21:49, Cameron Shorter escribió:
>>>
>>> Thanks Sergio for looking into this.
>>>
>>> We are open to being convinced that kosmo is still a project that
>>> should be on OSGeo-Live.
>>>
>>> Warm regards, Cameron

>>> --
>>> Cameron Shorter
>>> M +61 419 142 254
>>

>> --
>>
>> Sergio Baños Calvo
>>
>> Jefe de desarrollos / Development chief
>> Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica,S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
>> Tlfno. móvil / Mobile phone: (+34) 685005960
>> Tlfno. fijo / Office phone: (+34) 954788876
>>
>> E-mail: sbc at saig.es

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos