[Mapbender-dev] JSON in PHP

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Apr 15 05:54:40 EDT 2008

A new problem has been encountered in Mapbender. Currently we are using
the JSON library Services_JSON from Pear for PHP. It seems to be
unreliable with huge data sets. Replacing the erroneous code with the
native PHP JSON functions then was successful. However, these PHP native
JSON functions are only available in PHP > 5.2.

What do we do? Require PHP 5.2? Or look for another JSON library?

This matter is urgent and should be resolved before the release of
Mapbender 2.5

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler