[Mapbender-dev] motion: change file system layout

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Jul 10 07:31:03 EDT 2008

also +1 for file system restructuring

Maybe we can discuss customization structure a little bit more. At the
moment we have the path and the name to the module referenced in
corresponding gui_element fields. When customization of modules occur,
we have to change the path and or names of the modules. This can
become cumbersome if you have a lot of projects on one mapbender
installation. What about a hierachical include mechanism, where you
can specify additional path(s) (eg. ./mod/projectname/ or ./plugin/ in
addition to ./mod/) that are searched for the module and if not found
the default mod dir is used. This could be gui wide and would lead to
only have the modulenames in the gui_element fields.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res