[Mapbender-dev] Testing

Karim Malhas karim at malhas.de
Wed Feb 10 15:34:01 EST 2010

> http://www.mapbender.org/Release_guide
> http://www.mapbender.org/Test.

I see it's good that we are talking about Testing. What it says on
{mb}/Test not about "testing" it's about "trying out".
So not about making sure it works, but rather for new users to find out
what Mapender does and how it works.
{mb}:Release_guide references that page, but I think that's wrong

For the purposes of this discussion I would suggest we define "testing"
as the process in which our software is checked agains a given
standard.

New software, to see if it works as expected.
Already existing software to see if it still works after changes were
applied.

> > 1.3 Unit Tests for GUIs
> >

> > Maybe we can come up with a way to test GUIs automaticaly after
> > updates?
>
> That would be a good solution

Do you have an idea on how that could best be done.

Regards,
Karim