[Mapbender_dev] Regarding http digest authetication

Vikas Banjara vikashbanjara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 15:31:05 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I got stuck with the implementation of a function which would generate the
nonce for http digest function. SO, I didnt implement that function and
continued with the implementation of other functions. Today I was just
browsing the code and found that http digest authentication code was already
written in mapbender/http_auth/http/index.php.
There I also found the function to generate nonce. I am using the same idea
to implement my implementation of getNonce().

I have a couple of queries regarding the earlier implementation of http auth
-
1) what is ows proxy? I found the article on OWS Proxy in Mapbender wiki but
that is written in German. It would be really nice if somebody could explain
me the concept in brief.

2) Earlier implementation assumes that there is a column in the mb-user
table called digest which already contains the digest. Does any column
already exist ? or there are plans to include them in the table? In my
implementation I am calculating the hash each time authentication is
required.

Waiting for reply
Thanks
Vikas