[Mapbender_dev] mental notes on installation shell script

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Wed Jul 21 12:10:52 EDT 2010

Hello Christoph,

your suggestions sound good.

On Wed, July 21, 2010 3:04 pm, Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) wrote:
> Hello developers,
>

> here are some mental notes on the installation script
> (resources/db/install.sh). we could
>

> - copy mapbender.conf-dist to mapbender.conf

good idea
although we should ask the user, whether to create the file, as sometimes
I just want to create a new database and already have a mapbender.conf
file.

> - add database information to mapbender.conf (via sed). The values are
> already being read from command line - concatenate all relevant SQLs into
> one temporary file via cat (the password is only requested once if a
> single file is executed, and not n times)

good idea

> I'm not sure how this would work under Windows.

should work with windows aswell.

> These additions might seem trivial, but would make an installation even
> less work.

yes, yes.

Does someone volunteers to integrate the enhancements?

--
Best regards Astrid

FOSS4G 2010
6.-9. September 2010 in Barcelona