[Mapbender-users] scale

Tilo Wütherich tilo.wuetherich at la-bw.de
Thu Jun 5 07:58:42 EDT 2008

Hi Markus,

>I noticed that Mapbender ignore the setting of resolution (dpi) for a user.
>Mapbender always assumes a resolution about 72 dpi for the screen to
>calculate the scale. But nowadays most of screens have got a resolution
>about 90.7 dpi. I tested it in epsg:31467. What do i wrong?

probably one of the devs knows more, but I found two hardcodings with
resolution, in map.js ("mb_resolution") an in mod_createUser.php line 92.
The latter possibly overwrites the posted data?!

I would like to adjust the value to, because in a "1:2800" map, the
100m-scalebar is 28mm, which belongs to a scale of about 1:3571. I'm
wondering, why there are not more complaints about this inaccuracy ;-)

Cheers,

Tilo