AW: [Mapbender-users] Ausdruck von Luftbildern / Printing aerial images

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Jun 18 05:46:20 EDT 2008

Hi Kai,

before answering complete rubbish, I double checked whether the pngs
embedded in the pdf are actually 24bit. But they are.

>From looking at the code, mapbender creates img obj with
imagecreatetruecolor and copies all wms images into that image. the
wms images are requested again with a getmap request but with the
format set to "image/png". You have to make sure, that your mapserver
spits out 24bit images also when requested with image/png and not only
with "image/png; mode=24bit".

How do the images look in the mapbender application, when the wms
format is set to image/png and not image/png; 24bit? That's my
outputformat:

  IMAGETYPE PNG
  DEBUG on

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME PNG
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    EXTENSION "png"
  END

The only difference is that i'm using alpha transparency, hmm... Do
you have both options image/png and image/png;mode=24bit in your
getcapabilities? What version of mapserver are we talking about?

Keep on trying ;-) The solution to switch the mapfiles is surely a
way, I'think you could achieve the same, by setting the processing
parameters to your png outputformat and use jpeg in the browser
(because for the print the map would be requested with png...).

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res