[Mapbender-users] Tolerance of GetFeatureInfo-Requests

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Sep 3 04:49:09 EDT 2008

Hi Thilo,

i think there is no way for mapbender to affect the tolerance of the
getfeatureinfo request on the server side. Simply because the getFI
request has no appropriate directive.

A workaround could be to use the useMap approach. You only can display
a single field, but at least the onmouseover tolerance is configurable
and the user gets visual feedback. However, this would mean that you
have to provide this layer also as a wfs .

Cheers, Michael

2008/9/3 Tilo Wütherich <tilo.wuetherich at la-bw.de>:
> Hi Mapbender-Users and Devs,
>
> is there a possibility to configure the buffer/tolerance of a
> GetFeatureInfo-request in mapbender 2.4.2 if a geoserver 1.5.4 is queried?
> In the geoserver-trac is a ticket about this issue
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-1434), but not scheduled, so I'm
> afraid that a solution could take quite long. In the mapbender trac I found
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/116, but I'm not sure if this
> addresses my issue and some trial in the wfs-configuration and the
> php-scripts did not show any results.
>
> The actual state is that you have to hit a point-signature within a 4x4
> pixel square. This literally needs the accuracy of a watchmaker and in
> larger signatures it's hard to find the center. So this ist really annoying
> to every non-professional user of the gui's.
>
> Probably someone can help or knows a workaround?
>
> With best wishes,
>
> Tilo

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de