[Mapbender-users] cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Thu May 11 02:46:02 PDT 2017

Am 2017-05-11 11:20, schrieb Moritz Lennert:
> Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
> Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring
>> Mapbender more in detail. :-)
>>
>> I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
>> feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site with a
>> normal root user and another user who has master status.
>>
>> Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets
>> and sources without any issues.
>>
>> However, when I login as the other user, and create an application, I
>> can create a layerset, but then no source is listed when I try to add
>> one.
>>
>> When I give edit status to my other user on an application created by
>> root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I whenever
>> I try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources are listed
>> and when I click on the edit button of an existing source, I get:
>>
>> http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:
>>
>> "Oops! An Error Occurred
>> The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
>> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
>> error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
>> inconvenience caused."
>>
>> Can someone give me a hint ?
>
> Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
> course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
> layersets.
>
> To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group (the
> students). Each student individually would have no particular rights,
> but the group would have edit rights on those applications I would like
> to provide as examples. They should then be able to duplicate on
> example and edit them to their liking, including adding new sources to
> layersets and editing those sources.
>
> Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path to
> a solution would already be very helpful.
>
> Moritz

Hello Moritz,

sorry for the late answer.

Looks like you have to modify the ACL settings for your second-admin (in
my case it is admin1).

Change ACL for Application:
* admin1 -> edit

Change ACL for Services
* admin1 -> edit

With this configuration I could add Services to applications that were
not created by admin1. AAnd also handle it via groups.

I tried your cenario. It world in my case.

If you need more help you can contact me.

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

---------------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!