[Mapbender-users] Digital forest fire operation map

Friedrich Krone Frkrone at gmx.de
Thu Jul 13 12:54:37 PDT 2023

Hallo,

I am member of the Wennigsen (Deister) volunteer fire brigade and work on
forest fire maps on a voluntary basis. A few years ago, the Lower Saxony
Ministry of the Interior (MI) procured the Mapbender program for the digital
forest fire operation map of Lower Saxony (WBEK). However, this program
requires an Internet connection, which is not available in many emergency
vehicles and cannot be received at some points in the forest. Allegedly it's
not technically possible to use this app offline because it has to access
the database.
Question: How can I use Mapbender offline and still integrate the database?

Another problem is the GPS point, which is not centered but drifts off the
map when the vehicle moves. This is particularly important when working in
the forest, in order to be able to read one's location at any time.
Question: How to center the GPS point on the map so you can read your
location at any time?

Editing is very cumbersome. Each path segment or symbol must be selected
individually for editing.
Question: Is there a way to combine path segments or symbols for deletion in
order to be able to remove them in groups?

I would be very grateful for a brief answer to my questions.

Best regards

Friedrich Krone

Feuerwehr Wennigsen (Deister)

Linderter Str. 16