[Mapbender-users] How can install Mapbender to a standard cPanel account - withouth root access

Härtel, Connor Connor.Haertel at itebo.de
Thu Mar 14 03:49:39 PDT 2024

Hi Denes,

which instructions are you referring to?

First off, I am not familiar with cPanel.
If, however, the general problem is missing access to the command line you could try and build a docker image with Mapbender, in which all required installation instructions are taken care of. You could base your image off of a php-apache image (php 7.4, unsure about 8.x support for Mapbender) from https://hub.docker.com/_/php, which already has a webserver built in.
Docker would have to be installed on your system, also it generally requires root permissions, so I am not sure if this would be feasible in your case.

Regarding the terminal/root access, you would have to resolve that with whoever administrates the system.
Sincerely,
Connor Härtel