[Mapbender-users] How can install Mapbender to a standard cPanel account - withouth root access

Székely Dénes denes at webgobe.ro
Thu Mar 14 04:44:55 PDT 2024

Thanks, Connor, but this is not helping me. The server in case is a
shared hosting environment, and the sysadmin does not grant me extra
privileges and turned me down to offer support above what they usually
give to their customers.

What I have access to is this:

I can access the WEBROOT directory where the clients domain is pointed,
I can put there anything I want, I can create and configure the
database, add a database user and tweak his privileges, I can tweak the
PHP environment (PHP version, config items) and basically here's the end
of story.

Basically can't touch the webserver otherwhise than what is allowed to
me to do by .htaccess commands

cPanel is basically a shell to assist the clients to manage their
allocated webserver space, withouth access to command line and obviously
withouth root level privileges. It is the de facto standard in shared
web hosting.

So, basically I am wondering, if it is even possible to install
mapbender by using these.

Right now from web you can see this:

http://satelitnt.ro/

The mapbender package is there, here should go the final, working
MapBendet installation.

Dénes