[Mapbender-users] Understanding MapBender Usage

Thorsten Hack (WhereGroup) thorsten.hack at wheregroup.com
Sun Mar 17 23:22:50 PDT 2024

Hi Mr S,

thank you for your question.

Symfony (the application framework mapbender uses) and therefore
mapbender itself is in general able to handle multiple identity
providers. For example, there is an open source extension for mapbender
that enables using LDAP-based identification
(https://github.com/mapbender/ldapBundle). In a similar way it would
also be possible to reuse the authentication mechanism you are already
using in other parts of your website.

The WhereGroup does not have a set of paid extension modules for sale,
but develops extensions tailored to each customer's demand, usually
billed based on the development hours needed. If you want to have the
custom authentication mechanism developed for you, feel free to reach
out to info at wheregroup.com.

Best regards,

Thorsten Hack

FOSSGIS Konferenz