[Mapbender-users] Understanding MapBender Usage

Mr S canadianexplorationinsider at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 19:37:10 PDT 2024

Hello there,

I've been scouring the web looking for an interface for a website I am
planning that essentially has a user-authenticated web map that connects to
a PostGIS database serving up customized data.

I've installed MapBender and have begun playing around with it, but after
looking at the documentation and watching the Foss4g 2022 talk, I'm
thinking that the open source version won't be able to do what I am after.

On the Functions / Features page of the MapBender website, it does talk
about features having been individually developed and being available on
demand.  Are those paid-for services from WhereGroup?

I am assuming that for what I need I'm looking for something like "Secure
authorization to spatial data" under Integration.  I want to only allow
access to the web-map interface if the user is authenticated to my website.

If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it.  It looks to me
that MapBender is to sort of run "standalone" in that all of the login and
user management is done through the web interface to MapBender and can't
really be integrated as a portal for a website?

Thanks!