[Mapguide_dev] MapGuide RFC 11 - Stateless Http GETTILEIMAGE request

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 8 19:25:30 EST 2007

Hi Jason,

I can add a message to the server log indicating when the cache has been
flushed.

MgMap generation can be costly if the FeatureSource and LayerDefinitions
have not been previously cached.  For large maps, I have seen initial
MgMap createtimes in the 1 to 2 second range.  If the
FeatureSource/LayerDefinition docs have been cached, the create time
will go down to roughly 0.2 seconds.

If you interested in calculating create times for your maps, take a look
at the response times for mapframe.php/jsp/aspx.  This is where the
MgMap is initially constructed by the ajax viewer.

  _____