[mapguide-internals] Release of MGOS 1.2.0

amorsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sat Jun 23 14:01:37 EDT 2007

Checking email for the first time in the last few days and may not be able to again until Wednesday.

I have to vote -0 on this.  I have been heavily using the 1.2.0 betas and RC's in a customer environment with real-world data and there are simply too many unresolved issues with rasters where I am not comfortable releasing until those issues are firmly resolved.   My opinion is strong enough on this topic where I would vote -1 but don't want to be the bad guy who vetoes the motion.  I read the remainder of the thread on this topic and fully agree with Jason.  In short, I don't think we should push out the release until it is ready.  I don't know what other motivational factors there are, other than possibly Autodesk needing the 1.2.0 release before adopting it for use as the core of MGE 2008.

At this point, I also realize that the primary developer resource working on anything GDAL is Haris and that he will not be back for at least a week.  But, I still feel it would be prudent to stall the release until these issues are fully resolved and the new fixes are incorporated into the install packages.

Andy