[mapguide-internals] RFC15 - Addendum 3

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Thu Mar 29 19:54:00 EDT 2007

Hi Jason,

I don't think this addendum will cover the performance hit.  Chris will
probably hate me but I wonder if it makes sense to add a bitmask?

QueryFeatures/QueryFeatureProperties(MgMap* map,
                                     MgStringCollection* layerNames,
                                     MgGeometry* filterGeometry,
                                     INT32 selectionVariant,
                                     CREFSTRING featureFilter,
                                     INT32 maxFeatures,
                                     INT32 layerAttributes);

Where layerAttributes would be the sum of any/all

isWithinScaleRange = 1,  // layer must be visible at current scale to be
included
isVisible = 2,  // visibility flag must be checked for layer to be
included
isSelectable = 4, // layer must be selectable to be included
hasTooltip = 8, // layer must have a tooltip defined to be included

Examples:

layerAttributes = (nothing)
Queries every single layer on the map.

layerAttributes = hasTooltip
Queries any layers with a tooltip regardless of whether the layer is
currently visible or is within scale

layerAttributes = isSelectable + isWithinScaleRange
Query only selectable layers visible at the current scale range.  Layers
turned off by the user will be included.

layerAttributes = isWithinScaleRange + isVisible + hasTooltip
Queries currently visible layers with a tooltip.  Layers turned off by
the user will not be included.  This will result in a performance
improvement because only layers at the current scale, and visible, with
a tooltip will be included.

I suspect this will be a pain to implement but it is more flexible.