[mapguide-internals] RFC54 related - as we are changing the layerDefinition and mapDefinition schema

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jul 31 03:15:03 EDT 2008

I like the idea about specifying the image format, at least for
baselayer groups.
It would not be a problem to have such a property on a layer, but how
would the viewer use this?
AFAIK, the viewers do not support overlay images, and thus always render
the map as a single image.

Selection color has been an issue forever, and having different colors
for different layers would be nice.
I don't know enough about the selection code to determine if this can be
done efficiently, but I would like the functionality as well.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S