[mapguide-internals] Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.LayerInfo.Save

ljv johan.vikstrom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 07:40:27 EST 2008

I find this (Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.LayerInfo.Save) functions slow,
2-4 seconds to save 2kb.

There is no problem with server or network, most functions are fast.

 Except for this: In web.config globalization Culture="xxxx" must be set.
Unless the culture is explicite set all strings functions like search become
so slow that the application is useless. Both maestro and mapstudio benefit
from adding culture to web.config. we have used our culture="sv-SE" and
English variants and setting the culture speeds the viewer and application.