[mapguide-internals] Release Build not working???? Debug build is fine

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:24:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

now for the second time I tried to run my 8GB map sample in a release build.
In the debug build the server renders all tiles just fine.

When I did the same test with the release build the server created only
tiles in a single color - no more features....
(the sea is blue.... the desert is beige) the good news is that its
deterministic..... the same wrong tiles each time.

I ran the test suite.... OK 430 tests
The server INFO Trace.log does not show anything special.

The server is executed from the exact same location in the default
installation directory.... I verified the DLL versions....
No error messages... the access.log shows the error free access to the
tiles..... but the computed tiles are crap.

Anyone seen this before?
Any idea what to look for? As its a release build and the debug version
is working sorting this out is a challenging task.
If there were any error messages this would be useful but there aint any.

PS:
The server repeatedly creates an additional directory in the tilecache
called C-0 (as opposed to C0)
containing also very boring featureless tiles  named 0_-1.png to
9_-1.png. This looks like a bug.