[mapguide-internals] RE: PATCH: Raster stability fixes, ticket#462

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Mon Mar 30 11:47:23 EDT 2009

Traian - Thanks for investigating this over the weekend, much appreciated!

Anyways, for the 2.1 release of MapGuide I think we should incorporate the reference count fix to the GDAL provider - this should be done regardless as Traian has already pointed out the weak reference to the FDO connection in the reader is bad. I don't think we should make significant changes to the FDO connection manager this close to release.

Post 2.1 release the FDO connection manager should be more closely looked at to see what can be done to more easily handle single threaded providers and to perhaps get rid of the reference count dependency for determining if a FDO connection is still in use. This may require an additional FDO API so the provider could just tell the server if the connection is in use.

Thanks,
Bruce