[mapguide-internals] Re: 32 bit installer on build machine

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Mar 23 23:18:25 EDT 2010

Hey UV,

Developers shouldn't have to create installers.  It's too much of a hassle.  That's why we have a build machine.  And I also thought about doing a manual install myself... for about 30 seconds... Then I pinged Jackie on -internals.

Manual install is a hassle to do on Windows.  Click here, click there, virtual directory this, application that, still doesn't work.  Oops picked the wrong version of .Net.  Yuk.  Been there...  Done that... The installer does it better.

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing/MapGuideOpenSource-2.2.0.4686-Test.exe

Or if you really, really, really want to build an installer yourself

http://svn.osgeo.org/mapguide/trunk/Installer/scripts/
http://svn.osgeo.org/mapguide/trunk/Installer/scripts/buildmgx86.bat

The batch files are specific to the build machine and there are additional software packages needed to support the build and installation process (Java SDK, ant, doxygen, Wix, Paraffin).  It took a couple of days to set up.  Eventually the batch file will get rolled into an automated build process.  But it works for now.