[mapguide-internals] Hard coded coordsys path for Linux

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Fri Mar 26 00:04:18 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

After a couple of hours debugging a Linux install into /usr/local/mapguideopensource-2.2.0, I came across the following in Common/CoordinateSystem/CoordSysEnvVariable.h

#define LINUX_COORD_PATH    L"/usr/local/mapguideopensource/share/gis/coordsys";  // NOXLATE

Now why do we need this... Well... it's a big ugly...

SetEnv calls in httpd.conf and mapguide.conf do not set the environment variable for the Apache process space.  Since the mapagent and php are run as in process modules to Apache, there is no obvious way to set the Mentor dictionary path just for Apache.

But then I did some digging.  There is a little file called "envvars" that sits in the apache/bin directory.  This file is basically a  bash script that is executed before Apache is run.  So it looks as though we can turf the hard coded path in CoordSysEnvVariable.h and just replace it with an export statement in "envvars".

Sounds good?

Oh... Do we have anything else hard coded into the code base?