[mapguide-internals] Ubuntu 9.10 is MapGuide 2.2's best friend

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Mar 31 19:17:07 EDT 2010

Just  kidding.

I haven't had time to fully verify the "goodness" of the installation yet.  On my Ubuntu 9.10 VM, the MapGuide Server started up and so did Apache/PHP.  I was able to enumerate resources through the mapagent and hit the Site Admin.  I figured that was good enough for one day!

The install script posted to http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing/mginstallubuntu.sh will download all the .deb packages from the OSGeo download site and install them.  The debs are dumped in /tmp/build_mapguide before they are installed.

wget http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/testing/mginstallubuntu.sh
./mginstallubuntu.sh

Please note:  This is a pre-beta build and might be very broken.