[mapguide-internals] Re: OpenLayers + SVG = MapGuide Vector Viewer

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Sep 16 12:26:45 EDT 2010

Does anyone have any experience with the effectiveness of "Compatibility Mode" in Internet Explorer?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/cc288325.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ff468705.aspx

If it actually works then IE 7/8/9 can pretend to be IE6.  A <!DOCTYPE> tag tells IE how to process the page.  This would provide some browser upgrade freedom for clients locked into legacy web applications.

This does assume that a client would be willing to get off of XP and get onto Windows 7 (and IE9).  if a client has a large suite of desktop applications deployed on XP, hmm... well... that's a totally different kettle of (stinky) fish.