[mapguide-trac] #1304: Possible bug in constructor MgSelection (MgMap *map, CREFSTRING xmlSelectionString) triggered by empty xmlSelectionString

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 5 20:18:19 EDT 2010

#1304: Possible bug in constructor MgSelection (MgMap *map, CREFSTRING
xmlSelectionString) triggered by empty xmlSelectionString
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gabrimonfa  |         Owner:
     Type:  defect      |        Status:  new
Comment (by jng):

 The MgSelection constructor just delegates to its parent constructor,
 which internally calls the FromXml() method
 (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/PlatformBase/MapLayer/SelectionBase.cpp#L104)

 From what I can see, it just assumes as though the selection string is not
 empty (it doesn't actually check for an empty string).

 I guess the solution is to check for an empty string, but then what to do
 once we encounter an empty string? Do nothing (return)? Throw MG
 exception?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1304#comment:1>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>