[mapguide-trac] #1332: Tile Cache should only be cleared if the saved Map Definition resource has changes in base layer settings

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 27 13:22:11 EDT 2010

#1332: Tile Cache should only be cleared if the saved Map Definition resource has
changes in base layer settings
 Reporter:  jng           |         Owner:
     Type:  defect        |        Status:  new
Comment (by tomfukushima):

 Actually, it would be possible to check if the map bounds changed by
 looking at the contents of the Extents element.  Same check needed for
 !CoordinateSystem.

 We also need to track when a feature source, drawing source, symbol
 library, symbol definition or layer definition is changed; we need to
 follow the dependency chain until we get to the map definition that uses
 the changed resource.  Then we need to check to see if that change affects
 the base layer or not.  I believe that the "follow the dependency chain"
 code is already there so this is probably not as bad as it sounds.

 BTW, is this a workaround that can be used until this gets addressed:
 before changing anything that affects the non-tiled parts of the map
 definition, rename the directory that the tiles are in.  Then make the
 resource change, then rename the directory back.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1332#comment:4>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>