[mapguide-users] MG2007 and PHP as ISAPI on IIS5.1

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 08:14:37 EDT 2007

Hi ,
      Thanks for the reply but when i configured using the Php Apache as well  Java ,Apache & Tomcat ,so during the installation of the webserver extension i gave the IP address of the MapGuide Site server and easily able to communicate and login but while using the Php and IIS 5.1 with ISAPI, i unable to login when i enter the username as Administrator and password-admin and getting the problem with mapagent.

  I also tried regular CGI agent and set the application mapping in IIS to mapagent.exe and set up the php association with php-cgi.exe but unable to configure it out and same problem.

  One more strange thing is happening that although i put anonymous login in the IIS for the  mapguide Web Directory ,but still the login page popping up for the IIS.

  Webconfig.ini is not pointing to the local host-127.0.0.1 and its configured properly as per IP address of the Mapguide Site Server.

  Cheers
  Max

"Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S" <ks at geograf.dk> wrote:
  Not 100% sure how the Site Admin works, but usually you must change the ip of the server in the file called "webconfig.ini".
It should be present in the topmost webfolder (at least on a standard installation).

I'm guessing that it still points to 127.0.0.1.
In that file you can also see the ports used for communication.
These ports must be open for the two machines to communicate.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S

Rahul skrev:     Hi All,

I am running Windows XP with IIS 5.1. Now I am currently testing with  installed MG Server(on Machine -A)  and MG Web Server Extensions using PHP, a custom IIS config and a typical setup(on Machine -B).When testing the Site Admin use to give the failed logging error using Administrator and admin password and the MapAgent and Server
Extensions throw up this message:

Cannot establish connection.
Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method
MgServerConnection.Open at line 95 in file .\Services\ServerConnection.cpp

I installed MG on Windows using the set up guide and step by step method for Php and IIS Configuration and checked all of the criteria including directory structure and the viewer properties etc.Kindly if somebody can suggest me where i am missing the bus i will be really thankfull.

  Cheers
  Max