[mapguide-users] Problem in loading SDF data in Mapguide Webstudio

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:15:24 EST 2007

Parvatha,

I think it's wise to try loading an sdf from the Sheboygan sample to
understand if the issue is with your particular data or with
Webstudio's upload facility. One think that might not have been
mentioned yet is that the upload form in Webstudio requires that you
have the PHP API installed. If you installed only .NET, that could
explain what's going wrong.

In terms of the broader issue of where Webstudio fits in the Mapguide
system, it's worth pointing out that with the help of mapadmin, the
mapagent utility and webstudio, you can build complete applications
with Mapguide Open Source. There are many things made easier with
Autodesk's commercial tool but there are only a few things that can't
be done at all, mostly involving load procedures. In time, the efforts
of Kenneth and others to develop additional tools may reduce the level
of difficulty.

zak

On Dec 3, 2007 7:51 AM, Parvatha <kpeswari at indiainfo.com> wrote:

> Hi Kenneth,
>
>  I am clear with studio and web studio now. As you suggested I have tried
> getting uploaded. I have attached the screenshot of the result also. Even I
> have installed freshly and tried then also the same problem. I want to know
> where is the problem exactly.
>
> I have created the folder called "world" then i have created one feature
> data named "world data" and then i have created layer named "world layer"
> then i gave the world data source.
>
> Do i need to keep sdf in any separate folder? Can you please tell me the
> sequence of loading sdf data?
>
> Otherwise do I need to create only .mgp files and load all the layers?
> Because the sample sheboygan data is in .mgp format. When I load this using
> load packages in admin login form then only the sdf's are getting loaded in
> the data folder.
>
> Can you please clarify my doubt?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Parvatha