[mapguide-users] Getting started using Visual Studio 2005

Johannes Elsinghorst JohannesElsinghorst at gmx.net
Sun Jul 1 12:08:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

im trying to get into he developement of mapguide-webapps using VS2005
and asp.net.
I set up a new Webproject and added a reference to MapGuideDotNetApi.dll
and also copied
all the dlls from the dotnetviewer into my webapps bin folder.
In the load-event of my default.aspx i added the following code:

        {
            try
            {

MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(@"C:/Programme/MapGuideOpenSource/WebServerExtensions/www/webconfig.ini");
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message + "\n" +
ex.StackTrace);
            }

            MgUserInformation userInfo = new
MgUserInformation("Anonymous", "");
            MgSite site = new MgSite();

            site.Open(userInfo);

            sessionId = site.CreateSession();
                int debug=0;
        }

MgInitializeWebTier-Method throws this Exception:

[DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MapGuideUnmanagedApi': Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
   SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterCustomExceptionCallbacks_MapGuideApi(SWIGCustomExceptionDelegate customExceptionDelegate) +0
   SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor() +70

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception.]
   SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor() +0
   MapGuideApiPINVOKE..cctor() +60

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MapGuideApiPINVOKE' threw an exception.]
   MapGuideApiPINVOKE.new_MgUserInformation__SWIG_2(String jarg1, String jarg2) +0
   OSGeo.MapGuide.MgUserInformation..ctor(String userName, String password) +34
   MapGuideTest1._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\JMan\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MapGuideTest1\MapGuideTest1\Default.aspx.cs:32
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +106

Has anybody an idea what to do about it?

thanks, Johannes