[mapguide-users] OGR Provider cann't load S-57

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 16 09:30:30 EDT 2007

?@???? wrote:
> Hello, List
>
> I'm using MGOS 1.1.0 and AutodeskStudio2007SP1a, getting in trouble in
> connecting OGR Provider and S-57(ENC) files to a site.
> (3476|3352) An exception occurred in FDO component.
> 'FdoPtr::operator->': Cannot execute function due to invalid value for the in
> put parameter(s) 'p'.
> Exception occurred in method MgServerDescribeSchema.ExecuteDescribeSchema at lin
> e 187 in file c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source\build_3.1\mgdev\server\src
> \services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp
>

> OGR Provider 3.2.2 and MGOS1.2 beta1 is same.
>
> OGR Provider cann't support S-57(ENC)?

Hirofumi,

Wow, it is great to see someone who has done their research!  I imagine this
is some specific issue with the ogr provider - perhaps with layers without
geometries?  Or mixed geometries?  Or one of the funky attribute types present
in S-57?  I'd encourage you to file a bug report with the above details in the
FDO Trac.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/

Make sure you pick Component: OGR Provider so it will get assigned directly
to Traian.  :-)

Finally, you may want to get an OSGeo userid and login using that before
filing the ticket so that you will get email back when the bug report is
updated.  Details at:

   http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

Best regards,