[mapguide-users] MapGuide 1.2 Beta2, Login Error

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Thu May 24 17:36:57 EDT 2007

Brad,
If a server has ASP.NET 1.1.4322 installed and then you install .NET 2.0,
the two co-exist rather than the new overwriting the old.  This is good
since some applications written for 1.1 are not compatible with 2.0 so you
can choose which version to use on an application by application basis.
This same thing has happened to me several times on different servers and is
the first thing I check on the mapguide virtual directory in IIS.  I believe
it occurs if you have the root default web site properties set to use 1.1 so
the MapGuide installer assumes that is the version to use when the mapguide
virtual directory is created.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com