[mapguide-users] newbie question about security

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Nov 6 07:01:59 EST 2007

It does not work quite that way.

Upon acces, the server will reuse a previously established identity, or
ask credentials for a new one.
Once an identity has been established, a session is created.
Using the session token, the user may access any resources they are
granted access to.
Trying to access a resource or operation that is not allowed gives a
security exception.

You can set permissions by right clicking an item, and selecting
properties from with MapGuide Studio.

AFAIK, there is no way to change credentials for a single layer, short
of recreating the entire session.
Basically, there is no automated way to do that. The user must have
access to it, and you should then
use a custom login script to control who turns on the layer.
You might find it usefull to add the layer to the map at runtime.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S