[mapguide-users] newbie question about security

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Tue Nov 6 13:40:39 EST 2007

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 03:38:30 -0800, dorra2007 <dorrdor at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I wish to know how to assign a user account to a layer (or layer
> definition), so that when he wish access this layer, he will be promted
> for a user name and password.

The workaround we used for this was to assign security at the map level
rather than the layer level. We created a separate map for each security
group that included only the layers appropriate to that group. We also
created one layout for each of these maps, so it was easy for the security
and login code already in place on the webserver to just load the
appropriate layout after the user was authenticated.

Since we only had four secuirty groups this was a simple solution. If the
were many different combinations of layer permissions required it would be
too cumbersome to maintain a separate map and layout for each.

--
James Card
209-578-5580