[mapguide-users] Highway Shields with new cartographic stylingoptions

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Sep 11 10:57:59 EDT 2007

Hi Christy,

Mapguide does not treat each segment separately. It walks along each
polyline feature. If your roads are made up of many short polylines, it
is possible that you will see the behavior you describe.
Also, what is your <VertexControl> set to in the symbol definition?

One suggestion that *may* work -- make the bounds of the shield bigger
somehow -- for example by adding a transparent rectangle that is 3-4x
bigger than the actual shield. This will make the exclusion region
bigger and alleviate the problem regardless of underlying data.

Traian