[mapguide-users] can't update and delete from feature source but insert works

J Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Fri Apr 4 12:19:10 EDT 2008

Does anyone know...with an MgDeleteFeatures(or perhaps MgUpdateFeatures)
command, does the filter string have to be of a certain type? For instance,
we have features stored with a unique KEY value. It used to be of type
'Int32', and it seemed that DeleteFeatures was working back then. But then I
changed the KEY value to type 'String' to make it more dynamic, and that
seems to be when this breakdown started happening.
Our filter string looks like this: $filter = "KEY = $ID";
Should the fact that $ID is a string matter at all?

J Manafi wrote:

> I have not received any error messages. All of our php script files
> execute fine and return all the expected values through FireBug as if they
> are executing correctly. I am also not seeing your issue of not being able
> to insert anymore, because I have now tried that, where I have an
> UpdateFeatures followed by an InsertFeatures, and all of the features are
> getting inserted every time but not updated.  I have taken the advice of
> the other threads and tried closing any and all featureReaders I could
> find, but that has had no effect.
Just for reference, I am using MG 1.2 with bundled php environment.
Does anyone have any more suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help you give.