[mapguide-users] How do i load raster in MGOS 2?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Aug 5 13:01:30 EDT 2008

Frank, does GDAL support an external .prj file for rasters?  I found an
email from 2003 where you mentioned that you were "in no immediate
danger of implementing such a .prj file fallback feature for all the
coordinate-system-less drivers" :)

You're right that MapGuide 2.0+ requires that the coordinate system of
the data source matches the coordinate system of the map it is being
displayed in.  As for creating a coordinate system override, yes this is
quite possible.  In MapGuide Maestro and in Autodesk MapGuide Studio you
do this at the data connection level.

In MapGuide Maestro, there is a section called "Coordinate system
override".  Click on the "Refresh" button to load in the data set's
implicit coordinate system.  Double-click on the "Default" entry to
bring up the override dialogue, and then click on the ellipsis (...)
next to "Target" to set the actual coordinate system.

In Autodesk MapGuide Studio (2008 at least), there is a section called
"Set coordinate system overrides".  To use it, click on the "Refresh"
button to load the dataset's implicit coordinate system, highlight the
default spatial context, and then click on "Edit" to bring up a
coordinate system picker.

Jason