[mapguide-users] Map or Layer Preview don't show the Geometry

Jonio, Dennis (Aviation) DJonio at miami-airport.com
Wed Aug 13 06:25:08 EDT 2008

Alex,

Yes, it is known.

Here is the sql 'knowledge' you need to transform your table. Just plug
in the new SRID, in this case I transform to SRID = 8307. Also
sdo_geometry column in this case is 'geometry'. Your 'time' issue I am
not sure of but for me a transform of 200M records takes about 15
seconds.

update YOUR_TABLE_NAME_HERE c set c.GEOMETRY = (select
SDO_CS.TRANSFORM(c.GEOMETRY, m.diminfo, 8307) FROM
user_sdo_geom_metadata m WHERE m.table_name = 'YOUR_TABLE_NAME_HERE');

-- After completion make sure your user_sdo_geom_metadata entry for the
table is correct.

I wish I had a real solution for you. The way it was handed down to me
is that MGOS does not like EPSG codes so it abends the methods. (it
certainly does this well)

IF the MGOS dev folks have addressed the issue their decision on
resolution is unknown to me.

r,

dennis