[mapguide-users] Issue with Google Maps Mashup with Mapguide

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Jan 18 13:04:58 EST 2008

It sounds like your MuniMarkers.php page is not returning valid XML.  That
is the page that would contain all of the functionality and use the MGOS API
to request your point data from your feature source and return an XML
document that meets the requirements of the Google Maps marker XML schema.
You should be able to trouble-shoot problems with this page just by trying
to open it in a browser since it does not look like you are doing dynamic
fetches of data based on the bounding box of the Google Map.

Here is a good link that has some information on the XML requirements:

http://econym.googlepages.com/basic3.htm

<markers>
  <marker lat="43.65654" lng="-79.90138" html="Some stuff to display in
the<br>First Info Window" label="Marker One" />
  <marker lat="43.91892" lng="-78.89231" html="Some stuff to display in
the<br>Second Info Window" label="Marker Two" />
  <marker lat="43.82589" lng="-79.10040" html="Some stuff to display in
the<br>Third Info Window" label="Marker Three" />
 </markers>

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com