[mapguide-users] no MapGuideJavaApi in java.library.path

gimbrogno at smartlab magnitudo9 at email.it
Thu Jun 12 03:34:58 EDT 2008

Hi, I have installed Mapguide OpenSource on same linux systems (ubuntu 7.10
and CentOS 5.1), but I have an error when try the java sample !!!

When LinuxApt is compiled, it is not able to create the MapGuideApi.jar, so
I have copied this jar from a windows in /WEB-INF/lib.
Unber the directory tomcat/conf there is not Catalina/localhost, so I have
created this two directories and I've copied the LinuxApt/mapguide.xml into.

After these works the result page is "no MapGuideJavaApi in
java.library.path... ", but MapGuideJavaApi is not a jar file but a static
object (MapGuideJavaApi.so.0.7). Where is the library path where this object
must be copied to?

Under windows systems, I have no problems!!! There is anyone that uses
MaGuide OpenSource under Linux that can helps me?

Thanks in advantage... (I'm sorry for my english, but english is not my
native language)