[mapguide-users] Supported WMS and WFS in MapGuide

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:53:57 EDT 2008

I think you can test the server side capabilities using the web tier tests
which allows passing a version

http://locahost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/

there are a few quirks with WMS in there, GetMap returns only layers (
and a list of them )
rather than maps, there's no caching and or http cache semantics either

this document gives a nice nice overview of WMS support tho

http://feeds.autodesk.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/233-594160-5688489-163673/ConfiguringAWMSFeatureSource.doc

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:12 AM, BradM <masonb at dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote:

> WMS is critical to the success of my mapguide applications.   Can anyone
> answer Kenneth?
>
> Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>>
>> If found the following document describing the versions of WMS and WFS
>> supported in MapGuide:
>> http://mapguide.osgeo.org/faq_ogcserices.html
>>
>> The page appears quite outdated: "as soon as the FDO providers for WMS
>> and WFS are available".
>>
>> The above mentioned page is not making a clear distinciton between being
>> a client and being a server.
>> There was no apparent mentioning of WMS/WFS versions on the FDO website
>> either.
>>

>> My questions are:
>> 1. What versions are supported when MapGuide is a WMS/WFS server?
>> 2. What versions are supported when MapGuide is a WMS/WFS client?
>> 3. Does MapGuide support WFS-T as a server?
>> 4. Does MapGuide support WFS-T as a client?
>> 5. How are the OGC certifications for server/client WMS/WFS coming along?
>>
>> --
>> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)