[mapguide-users] Supported WMS and WFS in MapGuide

Alex Fordyce afordyce at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 17 12:47:13 EDT 2008

Via WMS I've tried to serve the Sheboygan sample data to ArcGIS 9.2 and
haven't really been successful yet. I'm using mgos 2.0.2 and both mgos and
arcgis are on the same internal domain.

ArcGIS sees my mg WMS server and pulls the layers over. However, the layers
do not display.

The documentation for both MG and ArcGIS claim to support OGC:WMS 1.1.1

Has anyone been successful using this configuration? Any ideas?

thanks,
alex

zspitzer wrote:

> I think you can test the server side capabilities using the web tier tests
> which allows passing a version
>
> http://locahost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/
>
> there are a few quirks with WMS in there, GetMap returns only layers (
> and a list of them )
> rather than maps, there's no caching and or http cache semantics either
>
> this document gives a nice nice overview of WMS support tho
>
> http://feeds.autodesk.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/233-594160-5688489-163673/ConfiguringAWMSFeatureSource.doc
>

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:12 AM, BradM <masonb at dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote:
>>
>> WMS is critical to the success of my mapguide applications.   Can anyone
>> answer Kenneth?
>>
>> Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>>>
>>> If found the following document describing the versions of WMS and WFS
>>> supported in MapGuide:
>>> http://mapguide.osgeo.org/faq_ogcserices.html
>>>
>>> The page appears quite outdated: "as soon as the FDO providers for WMS
>>> and WFS are available".
>>>
>>> The above mentioned page is not making a clear distinciton between being
>>> a client and being a server.
>>> There was no apparent mentioning of WMS/WFS versions on the FDO website
>>> either.
>>>

>>> My questions are:
>>> 1. What versions are supported when MapGuide is a WMS/WFS server?
>>> 2. What versions are supported when MapGuide is a WMS/WFS client?
>>> 3. Does MapGuide support WFS-T as a server?
>>> 4. Does MapGuide support WFS-T as a client?
>>> 5. How are the OGC certifications for server/client WMS/WFS coming